West London, Greater London
CRC are currently seeking an experienced Buyer for one of our clients based in Slough.
Our client is a well renowned and respected specialist in the Construction industry in the Design, manufacture and installation of Curtain Walling/Cladding/Glazing.
Applicants must have experience within Construction and ideally Facades.
- Preparation of price enquiries in order for suppliers to quote us
- Negotiation of prices with suppliers
- Placing orders with suppliers after cross referencing the incoming quotes
- Ensuring that materials ordered are the most cost effective for the business
- Working with the Production Manager to deliver an efficient system for the supply of materials
- Ensuring that projects are managed effectively through the use of interdependent management and cross-functional working where required
- Logistical planning for the ‘on-time’ delivery of materials
- Liaising with Design and Production teams to fully understand the problems that may be encountered with the project and work to eliminate this risk through effective preparation
- Strive for exceptional standards of delivery
- Ensuring that materials are available for the planned works
- Effective communication with design teams
- Evaluation of personal and team performance as part of the after sales care system PIR – post implementation review.
- Preparation and delivery of feedback and reports to Board members
- Knowledge of Job Tracking systems
- Knowledge of buying software
- IT literate
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work to budgets
- Ability to prepare and deliver proposals
- Ability to manage strategically important new projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Performance delivery
- Highly competent with planning and organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly competent in analysis and problem solving
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent communication at a senior level within an organisation
For more information on this role please call our office on 01295235102 for a friendly and confidential chat.
If you would like to apply for this position please call CRC head office on (0800 470 4806 / 01295 235102) (office hours Monday-Friday, 07:00-18:00) and Saturday (08.00-13:00) or click on the Apply link.
CRC welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA