West London, Greater London
CRC are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor for one of our clients based in Slough. Our client is a well renowned and respected specialist in the design, manufacture and installation of complete building envelopes. Curtain Walling/Cladding/Glazing.
Ideally all applicants will have experience within the Facades sector.
- Delivery of assigned projects to schedule and to specification ensuring that contracts are properly managed and targeted to deliver the agreed margins and cash projections whilst mitigating business risk and commercial exposure
- Savings to the cost base through the identification of operational efficiencies.
- Measuring of contract work, the value of variation orders, interim applications,
- Arranging valuations for projects
- Following up payments on valuations made
- Final accounts, contract claims and day to day surveying duties.
- Controlling costs for the project within the approved budget
- Ensuring that the design is delivering best value in terms of both capital cost and lifecycle consideration.
- Cost plan produced at each design stage
- Management of the scope and design change in conjunction with the design team
- Determine and manage the risk through all stages of the project
- Analyse profit and loss on progress
- Buying team liaison for the procurement element of the project.
- Ensuring that exemplary standards of Health and Safety are not compromised through a cost decision.
- Ensuring that all projects meet the required company standards of quality installation.
- Accountable for delivering agreed business, revenue and margin objectives.
- Identify problems that may be encountered with the contract and work to eliminate these cost risks
- Ensure that the project costs and resource requirements remain within the scope of the plan
- Ensure that the quality of the work undertaken is in line with the Company standard
- Evaluation of project undertaken post implementation
- Preparation and delivery of cost/value reconciliation feedback, profitability reporting and reports to Board members
- Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept
- Present costs for new projects, ensuring best value for money.
- Achievement of cost KPIs, budget, programme and corporate objectives
- To assist in other areas as and when necessary
- Qualified or part-qualified Quantity Surveyor (RICS.ICOB) or a Construction Cost Planner/ Estimator with a background from a Window Manufacturer/Main Contractor or Developer
- Proven record of high level of business and personal credibility
- Experience in presenting to and influencing governance groups for approval
- Proven experience of working on large scale window manufacture/ installations developments
- Ability to manage specific projects and able to interpret drawings or data that is presented to them
- Proven ability in Cost Value Reconciliation
- Proven ability in Profitability Reporting
- Preparation of Works Valuations
- Proven ability in Pricing variations
- Able to demonstrate strong Networking and Client Liaison skills
- Have an accomplished commercial ability
- Ability to prepare and negotiate final accounts
- IT Literate
For more information on this role please call our office on 01295235102 for a friendly and confidential chat.
If you would like to apply for this position please call CRC head office on (0800 470 4806 / 01295 235102) (office hours Monday-Friday, 07:00-18:00) and Saturday (08.00-13:00) or click on the Apply link.
CRC welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA